Monday, September 21, 2009

viscom: final statement

my book, a brotherly dispute, was heavily influenced by memories of my childhood. growing up my brothers and i, like most, where constantly getting into arguments and fighting. with each page of my book i illustrate a stage within a common dispute between brothers.

the first pages of my book explain how the argument provokes. following in the middle, is a mini narrative consisting of the physical actions taken during this dispute. in ending my book i let the reader know that brotherly disputes will never be over, they will only continue.

overall i enjoyed this project. knowing that maybe some day i might end up designing posters, knowing how to successfully use the design principles to communicate my idea is a must.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good summation of why you elected this subject matter, your overall conceptual approach and a link to a future goal.

    In addition, in final statements you should speak more in-depth about how you met project objectives (such as use of imagery, scale, framing, continuation, etc).

    ReplyDelete