Wednesday, October 21, 2009

viscom: final statement II

i chose to photograph Westport for a few reasons. my main reason was because it is where I live, this made it possible for me to keep making it back to shoot. i also chose that section of town because it seems the most like my home. the tightly packed shops and busy day life provided me with interesting line studies that would later help build the quality of my project.

when given the choice of a narrative i immediately thought of close-ups. a series of close-up photos that could successfully communicate the positive attributes of Westport. i also approached this project with my materials at hand in mind. Owning a point and shoot camera limited my range of photography. deciding to take advantage of my camera's ability to shoot acceptable micro-shots played a big role in my approach of this project.

overall i thought i did a sufficient job of meeting the projects objectives. i was able to create functional juxtapositions between pages that created new interesting spreads. this project has supplied me with a series of very profitable design skills. i now have a better understanding how juxtapositions, if used correctly, can completely give my viewer a new prospective in which to view my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment