Sunday, April 4, 2010

image: proj4

this was my first digital look at my jacket series with full color and images. while looking at my spreads recognize how i chose to crop each image. by cropping out each person to the point of them being unrecognizable i am trying to conceptually tell the viewer something about the series, that its about wrestling but can/is meant to be looked at from other sports perspectives.

after crit friday i found out that my cropping technique, especially in this one of ripped chest is working well.






in crit we discussed my stylistic choice to frame my title and sub-title. does it carry additional meaning about my book series? this is what i have learned the most up to this point in image class. tyler is constantly making us think conceptually, making us ask ourselves, "does this add extra meaning to our work? does this make sense with my concept?"

based on my feedback from crit i am currently thinking of new ways to incorporate my color scheme in another way. right now between my spreads combination of duo-toned images and saturated spaces of color it is distracting for my viewer to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment